ABOUT THE ARTIST
Kaja Gjedebo, the name behind the jewellery label KGD, studied both jewellery and furniture design at Edinburgh College of art. This divergence of skill is apparent in the wide range of designs of KGD.
Kaja is not led by trends, but rather by Kaja’s personal interests. The result is elegant and timeless jewellery, combining natural forms with delicate construction. Gjedebo’s talent lies in her skill to manipulate and arrange the very small.
Gjedebo values skills and craftsmanship and believes in its value for the future.
- Mysen cabinet making school, Norway
- Bachelor of Arts and Design at Edinburgh College of Art
- Designer for Boodle & Dunthorne, Liverpool, UK
- Artist in residence Edinburgh College of Art
- Artist in residence Object Studios, Sydney
- Designer for Hillestad smykker, Norway
- Designer for bastian- inverun, Germany
"I live by the forest which is surrounding Oslo. The neighbourhood are row-houses made for artists with studios attached to the houses. My neighbors are painters, sculptors, ceramicists and writers, always ready for a coffee if needed. Every morning I go for a walk in the forest before I return to the workshop. Life is fine!"
Nøklesvingen 6, Bøler
If you would like to have a look at my collections in my studio, just give me a call 99381308 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org